Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Daily Thoughts 08/05/2015

The Reader, Marguerite Matisse  - Henri Matisse
The Reader, Marguerite Matisse, 1906, Henri Matisse

Daily Thoughts 08/05/2015

On the way to work, I read some more of In Montmartre.  I am reading about how Picasso began going to the cinema in addition to the circus.  According to Sue Roe, he had a love for spectacle.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also sent some flyers to our email list.

I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time finishing reading the latest Ingram Advance.  There is a graphic novel called Amazing Fantastic Incredible which is about Stan Lee.  It is done by Stan Lee, Peter David, and Colleen Duran.  Colleen Duran is famous for her Elfquest and A Distant Soil comics.  Another memoir which looks interesting is The Lost Landscape A Writer's Coming of Age by Joyce Carol Oates.  In business there is a book called Phishing for Fools The Economics of Manipulation and Deception by George A. Akerlof and Robert J. Shiller which looks telling.

I also spent some time working on the monthly report for August as well as the month end statistics.  My colleague is off at Digipalooza.

I have to work on the collection development policy for the library.  There is a meeting on August 7, this Friday.


Web Bits


Libraries Reclaiming Their Lustre
 

No comments: