Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Daily Thoughts 08/19/2015

At the Garden Table - August Macke
At the Garden Table, August Macke, 1914
 
Daily Thoughts 08/19/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am going to the Board of Trustees meeting this evening at 6:30 p.m.

I went to the board meeting tonight and made a statement about weeding the collection to the board.  I also spent some time listening to one of my colleagues discussing weeding.  I have some comments to make about what I heard.

I have to do a few things tomorrow involving standing orders for New York Times Bestsellers in hardcover.

We got a grant to do a memoir writing class from Arts Westchester.  A colleague is working on it.  It should be interesting.

Tomorrow, my colleague is doing the final end of summer reading party for adults.

I read some of Proxima by Stephen Baxter on the way home.  The colonists have killed each other off except for two of them who are watching the native life.  There are intelligent stem like creatures with leaves.

Web Bits


Bedtime Stories for Young Brains


A Library Writes Its Own Story

No comments: