Thursday, August 13, 2015

Daily Thoughts 08/13/2015

The Round Table - Georges Braque
The Round Table, Georges Braque, 1929

Daily Thoughts 08/13/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Digital Gold.  I read about the capture of Ross Ulbricht (Dread Pirate Roberts) the founder of Silk Road.  It is interesting how they describe bitcoin as becoming more valuable when Ross Ulbricht is captured.  It changes the dynamic of bitcoin from one that appears criminal to one that is more law abiding.

I placed a large order of biographies this morning.  I also spent some time preparing for a program on Jacob Lawrence on August 24, 2015 in the Grace Greene Baker Community room from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

The book, The Economics of Inequality by Thomas Piketty translated by Arthur Goldhammer came in for me to read.


I spent some more time at Webjunction.  I took another one hour refresher on collection development, Building the Collection.  I knew all the pieces in this part of the online series.

I am still thinking of Arlen Schumer.  He is quite interested in doing lectures at other libraries.  His website is here.  http://www.arlenschumer.com/

I registered for International Games Day on November 15, 2015
http://igd.ala.org/register/

Web Bits


Chain, Chest, Curse Combating Book Theft In Medieval Times

At Local Libraries Ebook Collections Are Growing But Print Is Still King

No comments: