Friday, August 7, 2015

Daily Thoughts 08/07/2015

Seated woman (Olga) - Pablo Picasso
Seated Woman, Olga (Pablo Picasso), 1920

Daily Thoughts 08/07/2015

I finished reading In Montmartre Picasso, Matisse, and the Birth of Modernist Art by Sue Roe.  This is an entertaining popular study of the early days of modern art.  I enjoyed reading about Picasso's quirks and Matisse's skill.  It shows the struggle to create art in an easily accessible manner.  This is for the book club on August 27, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

I also read some more of Future Crimes.  I am reading about how people can hack biometric and fingerprint readers.  There is a reminder that people have only one set of eyes and one set of fingerprints and once copies are made of these, it becomes easy to impersonate another individual.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also checked the social media.  We had a meeting this morning where we discussed the collection development policy.

I read a copy of Bookpage.

I checked out the book, Digital Gold Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money by Nathaniel Popper.

Web Bits


Saying Goodbye to a Secret Bookstore
http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/saying-goodbye-to-a-secret-bookstore


No comments: