Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Daily Thoughts 08/12/2015

Reading in the Cismigiu Garden - Theodor Aman
Reading in Cismigiu Garden, Theodor Aman, 1879

Daily Thoughts 08/12/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I read some more of Digital Gold on the way to work.  The book is writing about how many of the people who worked to create bitcoin had libertarian ideals and wanted to free money from the central banking system and government.  Bitcoin is designed as decentralized money.

This morning, I checked the displays.  I am also started to order replacement books for biographies that were damaged by water.  I spent most of today looking through lists of biographies.  I also spent time in Ingram looking at what they had that was reviewed by Publishers Weekly.  Tomorrow, I will be looking at biographies that were reviewed by Library Journal and Booklist.

On the way home, I read more of Digital Gold.  It is picking up.  More people are entering the story including the Winklevoss Twins, Dread Pirate Roberts from Silk Road, various startups, and even FBI agents.  It is fascinating.

No comments: