Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Daily Thoughts 08/18/2015

File:The vacation reading club - join now at your public library LCCN98510373.jpg
The Vacation Reading Club at Your Public Library. WPA Poster, 1939

Daily Thoughts 08/18/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook this morning for the library.  This weekend I got a rocking chair and a sofa chair from a garage sale.  It makes for comfortable reading.

I read some more of The Economics of Inequality.  I am learning that the definition of Capital and Labor is changing.  For example if a a person is self employed they produce both labor and capital.  This interesting to me because if you have an employed owned operation it also produces both labor and capital.  Also, I learned that automation can replace labor.  There are situations where labor and capital become fluid.

Today, I went to the mall and walked around.  I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought two paperbacks, Nancy Farmer, The Land of the Silver Appples which is fantasy Proxima by Stephen Baxter which is hard science fiction.  I started reading Proxima today.  The main character has become an involuntary colonist for a far off world.

Web Bits


Libraries on the frontlines of the homelessness crisis in the United States

Strong Libraries, Strong Societies

In Rockaways Library, 'A Sign of Recovery'

No comments: