Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Daily Thoughts 08/26/2015

File:Jove decadent.jpg
Jove Decadent, Ramon Casas i Carbo, 1899 
 
Daily Thoughts 08/26/2015

I have steadily been reading more of Zero World.  I like the action in the story.  It is very intense.  It has a visceral high octane feeling to it.   The story is almost secondary to the scenes of fight, flight, escape, and trickery.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I also checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

There was a Wordpress class at the library tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I read through a copy of the Ingram Advance and the Baker and Taylor Forecast.  I also read the latest New York Times Book Review.

I sent in a small order for computer repair books.   I also have been working on an order of health books.  I am trying to cover many common ailments like heart disease, diabetes, lupus, and other health conditions.

On the way home, I finished reading Zero World by Jason M. Hough.  There is a bonus novella called The Dire Earth which is about the beginnings of a zombie apocalypse caused by a terrible alien disease.

September 1st is National Library Card Month.  Snoopy is the representative this year.

Web Bits

The Surprising Benefits of Reading Before Bed
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-surprising-benefits-of-reading-before-bed-2015-8 

There was a Hidden Conveyor Belt Under the Capital that was Just for Moving Books
http://gizmodo.com/theres-a-hidden-conveyor-belt-under-the-capitol-that-wa-1726416698
A secret of the Library of Congress.

Mount Vernon Public Library Holds Literacy Gala for its Children's Library
http://justcliqit.com/mt-vernon-public-library-holds-literacy-gala-for-its-childrens-library/
I worked the late shift tonight at the the library.

No comments: