Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Daily Thoughts 03/09/2016

William Brymner - The Picture Book.jpg
William Brymner, The Picture Book, 1897

Daily Thoughts 03/09/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Black Box Thinking.  I am reading about the concept of marginal gains or constantly testing small things to make continuous improvements.  This is the counterpoint which works together with large scale innovation to create change in organizations.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I am working on an order for books from the central library budget.  I plan on ordering a few parenting books and some books on automotive restoration.  I have a copy of the latest New York Times Book Review to read.

I have a copy of The Firebird by Misty Copeland on my desk to look at.

I spent two hours training a new on call reference librarian on the reference desk today.

My colleagues are doing teen programming for Teen Tech Week this week.  One of them has been working with Tinkercad for the 3D printer we have.  Tinkercad is a free program.

There is an Intermediate HTML and CSS class tonight in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I checked out two books What Happened Miss Simone? A Biography by Alan Light.  Nina Simone is from Mount Vernon, New York.  I also checked out The Supernatural A New Vision of the Unexplained by Whitley Strieber and Jeffrey J. Kripal.

Web Bits


Creating A Public Space: Open Access, Book Theft, and Epigraphy in Ancient Libraries


Morgan Library To Offer A Weekend With Free Admission, April 15 to 17

No comments: