Friday, March 18, 2016

Daily Thoughts 03/18/2016

Homer Reciting His Verses to the Greeks, Jacques-Louis David, 1794

Daily Thoughts 03/18/2016

Last night, I started reading The Geography of Genius a Search for the World's Most Creative Places from Ancient Athens to Silicon Valley by Eric Wiener.

We received some Advanced Reading Copies.  There are three of them which look interesting to me, Warlock Holmes A Study In Brimstone by G.S. Denning, Grit The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Ducksworth, and Spain in Our Hearts Americans in the Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939, by Adam Hochschild.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I checked on the computer lab this morning.

I spent some time on my programming calendar for April today.

I also downloaded the form for the Preservation Assistance Grant.

I spent some time ordering books.  I looked at some Prepub Alert material from Library Journal online.

We got a small amount of money from Poets and Writers for a Creative Nonfiction writing series at the library.  Karen Leahy is going to be teaching the series of four classes.

I read some of The Geography of Genius.  I am reading about the ancient Greeks and why they were so innovative in politics, art, and philosophy.

Web Bits


Pay With A Poem Coffee For Poetry Deal Spreads Around the World

No comments: