Monday, March 21, 2016

Daily Thoughts 03/21/2016

Nelson's New Century Library, Each Volume Complete $1.00
Daily Thoughts 03/21/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Geography of Genius.  I am reading about Renaissance Florence, specifically about the Medicis and their patronage of Michelangelo and other prominent artists.  Eric Wiener is describing how the invention of double entry bookkeeping and shipping insurance generated tremendous wealth which was then used to fund art.  The art was often a way to please the Catholic church and create indulgences so that the rich men in Florence were more likely to go to heaven.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I am planning for May programs, summer reading, and working on some grants.  A lot of this is scheduling when programming will happen.  We are also thinking about displays.   April is National Poetry Month.

I am also working on a schedule for the computer lab and the public computers.

There is a Scratch programming class for K-6 children in the computer lab this week from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.

On the way home, I read some more of The Geography of Genius.  I am reading about David Hume who is a philosopher from Edinburgh, Scotland.

I also started reading She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb.

Web Bits


Reimagining Libraries in the Digital Era:  Lessons From Data Mining the Internet Archive

Finding Funds:  Libraries Diversity Efforts to Raise Money 


No comments: