Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Daily Thoughts 03/22/206

Scholars at a Lecture, William Hogarth

Daily Thoughts 03/22/2016

I read some more of The Geography of Genius.  I am reading about the idea that greater population density leads to more ideas and inventiveness.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.  I also sent out some announcements through Constant Contact.

I also checked the displays and gift books.

I  printed up some new flyers.  I also printed up some flyers for a colleague to take to an event later this month.

Last night we updated the Kindle Fire and the Kindle Paperwhite so they would not turn off.

An advanced reading copy of Magruder's Curiosity Cabinet by H.P. Wood came in.  It looks like weird fantasty title.

Two books came in for me to read, Researching Prospective Donors: Get More Funding for Your Library by Susan Summerfield Hammer and The Complete Guide to Acquisition Management by Frances C. Wilkinson, Linda K. Lewis, and Rebecca L. Lubas, Second Edition, Libraries Unlimited, 2015.

I read a copy of the New York Times Book Review.

There is a workshop on essential oils tonight by Shanna Maria Wallace from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Trustees room.

Web Bits


Jeff Kagan:  Amazon’s Mistake Is Costing Authors

The Harvard Library That Protects The World’s Rarest Colors

Lifelong Learning and Technology—Pew Research

Former New Rochelle Library May Get Historical Designation

Library Makerspaces: Bringing Access to Knowledge In A Whole New Way

No comments: