Monday, October 3, 2016

Daily Thoughts 10/03/2016

Portrait of a Reading Man - Hans Memling
Portrait of a Reading Man, Hans Memling. 1485

Daily Thoughts 10/03/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of James Gleick Time Travel.  I am reading about Robert Heinlein's time travel stories.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent a little time working on programming.

I am in the computer lab right now.

I placed an order for popular law books today.

There was an Adult Board Games Night tonight with Chess, Checkers, and Scrabble.  We are trying it as a series this month.

We also had a Fundamentals of Computers and Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight.

On the way home, I read some more of Time Travel.  I am reading about metaphors of time like time being a river or time being like an arrow.  James Gleick is moving away from science fiction to physicists like Richard Feynman and Albert Einstein to describe time.

I am finishing listening to the podcasts for my Fundraising and Grantsmanship class tonight. They are looking at how far along we are in the grants process.  I believe we have been doing a lot of investment in fundraising lately.  The Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library had their first large annual meeting.  There is going to be a Masquerade Ball Fundraising Event by the Mount Vernon Public Library Foundation on October 13, 2016.  http://mtvplf.wixsite.com/mtvplf/tickets
The annual Book Sale by the Mount Vernon Public Library Friends of the Library is on November 4 and November 5 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Web Bits


Library Cards Are Free, But the Value is Priceless: Robert Rue , Cuyahoga County Public Library

No comments: