Thursday, October 13, 2016

Daily Thoughts 10/13/2016


Lawrence Alma-Tadema, Joseph Overseer of the Pharaohs Granaries, 1873

Daily Thoughts 10/13/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I rested on the way to work.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

I wrote my monthly report for October.

There was a tablet class from 5:30 p.m. to 7;30 p.m. last night.

I worked the night shift while the Mount Vernon Public Library Masquerade Ball happened.  It was a quiet night at the library.  The pictures from the fundraisers are quite nice.

I read some more of Jerusalem last night.  One of the interesting characteristics of this novel is that Alan Moore is not creating an aspirational story where the characters change through improvement or solving a problem which is standard in most novels.  He is telling a story of how people have lived their lives and not everyone lives for a specific goal.  This makes the novel different than many other novels and at points impossible to rate on a scale because it is different.  I am enjoying this writing because it is different.  It follows through time and place as well as character.  Character includes madness, sexuality, eccentricities and personal background.

Web Bits


Taskukirjasto Pocket Library App-- Youtube Video of Checking Library Books Out With a Mobile Phone

These are the books Hillary Clinton has been borrowing from the library


No comments: