Friday, October 7, 2016

Daily Thoughts 10/07/2016

Old Woman Reading - Clarence Gagnon
Old Woman Reading, Clarence Gagnon, 1904

Daily Thoughts 10/07/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Time Travel on my way to work.  I am reading about the concept of time in literature and how it is possible to easily go back and forth time in the literary medium.  The author gives an example from Marcel Proust, Remembrances of Things Past.

I checked some paperwork this morning.  I also checked the gift books and the displays.

I did some work with scheduling today as well.

I updated the mailing with some new emails for Constant Contact.

I also looked through the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list and ordered some new books.

I finished reading James Gleick, Time Travel.  The last chapter is about internet time or how we have become constantly connected and how this changes our view of time.

I have been reading more of Jerusalem by Alan Moore.  There are parts of it which I find not that exciting.  I am enjoying reading about the character Benedict Perrit who is a failed poet and moocher who spends his time trying to find money so he can get drunk.  There is a dark humor to the character which I find appealing.

Web Bits

Time Lapse:  Thousands of Books Get Reshelved Before the Rose Main Reading Room Reopens




The Library Company of Philadelphia Explores the History of Education for the Blind
http://hyperallergic.com/327389/library-company-philadelphia-explores-history-documents-blind/

The Neighborhood Booksores Unlikely Ally?  The Internet
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/06/business/smallbusiness/the-neighborhood-bookstores-unlikely-ally-the-internet.html?_r=0

No comments: