Monday, October 17, 2016

Daily Thoughts 10/17/2016

The Beguiling of Merlin (Merlin and Vivien) - Edward Burne-Jones
The Beguiling of Merlin, Edward Burne-Jones, 1870-1874

Daily Thoughts 10/17/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also looked over some of the feedback from the Grantsmanship and Fundraising class I took.  I am going to be looking at Facebook advertising a little bit more and I have a few ideas on things which our supporters might like.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  We also put up a list of eBooks for Bookletters today.

I am planning on ordering some business books for the library.  I also discussed some technology items that we might need like a  fax machine, video camera, virtual reality headset,  mp3 players, and other small pieces of technology that would be of interest for our computer classes.

I spent a little time going over the holiday books today.

I also worked a bit on my marketing class.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review today.

On the way home, I read some more of Jerusalem.  The writing is quite interesting.  I am reading a bit of fantasy where a small boy who is trappped between the state of life and death is captured by a devil and is ultimately saved by a lady deathmonger, a combination of midwife and undertaker.  The descriptions are astounding.

I wrote a brief analysis of the type of information we are looking for for marketing purposes at the library as part of the Library Marketing class I am taking.

Web Bits.

The Pieces of Zadie Smith
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/17/t-magazine/zadie-smith-swing-time-jeffrey-eugenides.html?smid=fb-nytbooks&smtyp=cur&_r=0


Falling Short of Their Profession's Needs

No comments: