Saturday, October 1, 2016

Daily Thoughts 10/01/2016

G.K. Chesterton, Cigarette Card

Daily Thoughts 10/01/2016

I read some more of Jerusalem on the way to work.  There is a theme of artistic visions and dreams in the novel.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also placed an order for new books this morning.

I spent some time working on a sample budget for a grant for mobile devices for my Grants and Fundraising class.

I visited the ACBAW Association of Community Based Artists of Westchester and dropped off some flyers.

I also printed up some flyers and spent some time weeding the holiday books.

On the way home, I read some more of Jerusalem.  The book is 1266 pages long and is very heavy. The size and weight add to the gravity of the content.  There is a very dark, raw aspect to the writing which encompasses drugs, sex, art, and madness.

 I also read some of James Gleick's book Time Travel.  The first chapter focuses on H.G. Wells, The Time Machine, the next chapter is about Mark Twain's Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. So far, the book is about the history of the idea of time travel.

Web Bits


Google Swallows 11,000 Novels to Improve AIs Conversation

Libraries As Hubs for 21st Century Learning

New York Public Library for Performing Arts Acquires Its First Hip-Hop Archive


No comments: