Monday, October 31, 2016

Daily Thoughts 10/31/2016

The Muse Inspiring the Poet, 1908-1909 - Henri Rousseau
The Muse Inspiring the Poet, Henri Rousseau, 1908-1909


Daily Thoughts 10/31/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Jerusalem this morning on the way to work.

I checked the gift books and the displays. 

I started working on an autism related grant for libraries.

We are having the Adult Board Games night tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

There is also a Fundamentals of Computers class and Microsoft Word class from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I started working on an order for business books.

The Advanced Reading Copy for Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman came in for me to read. Neil Gaiman is taking the Eddas and choosing myths from Norse Mythology and writing them in clear language for modern teenagers and adults.

When I got home, there was a complementary copy of The Almanac of American Philanthropy waiting for me.

I read some more of Jerusalem by Alan Moore.  The story is focused on the artist Alma Warren, the sister of Michael Warren.

Web Bits


BFTP: 4 Rules of Library Advocacy

Why Zadie Smith Thinks Philip Roth and Alexander Portnoy Changed the World

No comments: