Friday, November 10, 2017

Daily Thoughts 11/10/2017

Thomas Eakins - The Chess Players.jpg
Thomas Eakins, The Chess Players, 1875

Daily Thoughts 11/10/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some of Thinking Machines The Quest for Artificial Intelligence And Where It's Taking Us Next by Luke Dormehl.  This book takes a historical approach in discussing artificial intelligence.  Right now, it is describing the difference between symbolic AI and neural networks.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I spent time working on the December calendar of events.  I also started planning some events for January.  We are going to do some training for e-books for the staff this December.  We also have a chess teacher for adults and are planning on doing some board game programs for teens.

We are hoping to show the movie, 13th in January.

I read through a copy of Booklist.

I checked out the book, The Artists Way A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron.

I read some more of Thinking Machines on the way home.  I am reading about chatbots and digital assistants.

Web Bits


Libya Comic Con Shut Down By Militia: Organizers Detained
http://cbldf.org/2017/11/libya-comic-con-shut-down-by-militia-organizers-detained/


Does Anybody Know What a Bestseller Is?

Hayden Mathias: 'Why My Library Matters to Me'

Purpose, Potter, and Potential at the British Library

No comments: