Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Daily Thoughts 11/15/2017


Library Lamp, Louis Comfort Tiffany, Indian Hookah Design, 1910

Daily Thoughts 11/15/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I finished reading Making Sense of the Alt-Right by George Hawley.  This book reminds of how much politicians have been turning to identity politics to gain votes.  It shows a recent rise in organizations that support racism, sexism, anti-egalitarianism, and white nationalism.  It describes a movement that makes its primary focus race, the Alt-Right.  It is hard to read, but revelatory.

I started reading The Guide to Electronic Resource Management.  I am reading about the differences between managing physical materials and electronic resources.

I checked in with a few people.  We are creating a flyer for literacy.

I registered for Library Con Live an Online Fan Festival on December 6, 2017

I also registered as a VIP Librarian for Book Expo America on May 30 through June 1st



Web Bits


Google Training
Free Google Video Training        

Applied Digital Skills





No comments: