Friday, November 24, 2017

Daily Thoughts 11/24/2017

Boy Reading (The Artist's Son), 1903 - Samuel Peploe
Boy Reading (The Artist's Son), Samuel Peploe, 1903

Daily Thoughts 11/24/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Opening Up By Writing It Down.  The book comes from a number of studies which show that writing down traumas helps reduce the feelings associated with the trauma as well as the health effects which occur.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking the 800s.  Also, we finished checking the 900s today.  I also checked some books that were listed as not being in the catalog.

 I read the New York Times bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list.

There is a new program that is part of Humanities New York called Your Silence will Not Protect You-- The Writings of Audre Lorde.  I think this would be an opportunity to do something interesting.  Audre Lorde once worked at the Mount Vernon Public Library.

I checked out the book, Drawing Physics 2,600 Years of Discovery From Thales to Higgs by Don S. Lemons.


Web Bits

Neil Gaiman Leads Authors Demanding Action to Halt Decline of School Libraries
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/nov/23/neil-gaiman-leads-authors-demanding-action-to-halt-decline-of-school-libraries


Help In History: A Triumphant Library Story

The Harold Robinson Library Rehearsal Rooms Offer DIY Music Therapy


No comments: