Saturday, November 25, 2017

Daily Thoughts 11/25/2017


News Depot, Cos Cob, 1912

Daily Thoughts 11/25/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I rested on the way to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking the 800s.  I also looked over a few books and dvds that were not in the system.

I spent some time cleaning and organizing my desk. I found a reminder to purchase some new chairs for the computer lab.  I also have to go over a database list.  In addition I have to write a report for a grant which I finished the programming for.  There is usually exit paperwork for grants involving programming.

I checked out the graphic novel In Search of Lost Time: Swann's Way A Graphic Novel Marcel Proust Adaptation and Drawings by Stephane Heuet, Translated by Arthur Goldhammer.  This is an adaptation of a classic novel.

It is a story about French society.  It is about love and relationships.  I love the illustrations.  They have a wonderfully aristocratic quality to them.  It is very different than what I usually read.  I enjoyed reading a story that has a genteel quailty to it.  The intrigue is one of the illicit affair, the mistress, and where ones place is in society.  

Web Bits


The True Worth of Libraries Is Much Greater Than You Think

Our Love Affair With Digital Is Over

Library Is Considering Ending Late Fees for Kids


No comments: