Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Daily Thoughts 11/1/2017

Violin, glass, pipe and inkwell - Pablo Picasso
Violin, Glass, Pipe, and Inkwell, Pablo Picasso, 1912

Daily Thoughts 11/1/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Our Cats Are More Famous Than Us a Johnny Wander Collection by Ananth Hirsh and Yuko Ota.  It was an enjoyable read.  It ends on a high note.  There are a lot of low key references to geek culture in the graphic novel.   I like how different sections of the story are in different colors.

I also am reading more of Epictetus The Art of Living The Classic Manual on Virtue, Happiness, and Effectiveness.  This combines the Enchiridion and the Dialogues into a single work, making them very accessible to the modern reader.  This is Roman stoic philosophy on how to live the good life.

I spent some time this morning preparing to do holiday programs.  We are focusing on having a holiday singalong and a holiday craft for adults.

Right now, I am in the computer lab.

I put together an order for new books today.  I also placed a few other orders.

I generated a list of new e-books from Bookletters.

I placed a hold on the new book, A World of Three Zeros  The New Economics of  Zero Poverty, Zero Unemployment, and Zero Carbon by Muhammad Yunus with Karl Weber.

There is an article in the Black Westchester newspaper on the October 7, 2017 Local Authors Fair.


No comments: