Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Daily Thoughts 10/31/2017


Reading Girl in White and Yellow, Henri Matisse, 1919

Daily Thoughts 10/31/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I finished reading Soonish Ten Emerging Technologies That'll Improve and/or Ruin Everything by Kelly and Zach Weinersmith.  There were a few technologies at the end which were not included like quantum computers, solar power satellites, and artificial limbs.  This was fun to read.  The illustrations had nice, light humor and I learned quite a bit about how a variety of new technologies worked.

I checked the displays and the gift books today.

I have a copy of the Ingram Advance and the Ingram Advance Technical, Reference, and Computer Books to go through.

I spent some time looking at holiday programs.  I am hoping to do some holiday songs or holiday origami.  I have been looking at Performers and Programs for New York.  http://www.performersandprograms.com/index.html

On the way home, I read some of the graphic novel, Our Cats Are More Famous Than Us A Johnny Wander Collection by Ananth Hirsh and Yuko Ota.  It is an autobiographical collection of comics.  The people move between New York and Canada.  They spend a lot of time drawing about cats, houseplants, and Japanese food.  It has a cute, quirky feeling to it.
Web Bits



The Oldest Treasures from 12 Great Libraries

Apply for the ALA Policy Corps by November 3

Gathering Space: Meeting Room Policies in the Age of Charlottesville

Berra: Co-Working at the Pflugerville Public Library

 

No comments: