Friday, October 13, 2017

Daily Thoughts 10/13/2017

File:Scholar with His Books by Gerbrand van den Eeckhout.jpeg
Scholar With His Books, Gerbrand van den Eeckhout (1621-1674)

Daily Thoughts 10/13/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I read some more of Deep Thinking by Garry Kasparov.  I learned that the game of Go took much longer to crack than chess.  It was not until 2016, that a computer could beat a grandmaster of Go.  The programming also was more complex with neural nets and learning algorithms for Go.

I watched two more sessions of the Science of Mindfulness: A Research Based Path to Well Being on Hoopla.  Episode 11 Connecting With Children and Adolescents and Episode 12 Seeing Sadness and Depression in a New Light.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list today.

I placed a hold on the book, Tool of War by Paolo Bacigalupi.  It is a young adult book.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.

Web Bits


How Living In A Library Gave One Man 'The Thirst for Learning'

County Library Wins Honor for After Hours Computer Center


No comments: