Sunday, June 24, 2018

Daily Thoughts 06/24/2018

File:Los Angeles Public Library 1935.jpg
Walkway and front façade of Los Angeles Public Library  circa 1935, Los Angeles Daily News, Copyright Not Renewed.


Daily Thoughts 06/24/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also looked up some Overdrive Marketing Materials.
https://resources.overdrive.com/library/marketing-outreach/   

I read some more of The Library Book by Susan Orlean.  On p.86, Peggy Murphy who works in collection development in Los Angeles Public Library tells us that she started working in libraries at the Mount Vernon Public Library.  I am reading an Advanced Reading Copy of this book.  It is due out on October 16, 2018.

I also read some more of Happiness.  I am reading about meditative techniques to deal with anger and envy.

I read a little bit of The Moral Economy Why Good Incentives Are No Substitute for Good Citizens by Samuel Bowles.  This is an argument against the idea of economic man.  It goes back to the ideals of Aristotle and Confucius who believe morality and ritual should be built into good governance.

I checked the purchase alerts tonight.


No comments: