Thursday, June 28, 2018

Daily Thoughts 06/27/2018

File:Belle da Costa Greene, by Paul Helleu.jpg
Belle Da Costa Greene, Paul Cesar Helleu, 1913

Daily Thoughts 06/27/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Library Book by Susan Orlean.  I read about how Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451 in the basement of the Los Angeles Public Library.  I also read about some of the early directors of Los Angeles Public Library.

I read a little more of The Moral Economy.  I am reading about how incentives for things which people were doing for free often lead to people stop dong the activities which people were doing for free.

I started reading Political Risk How Businesses and Organizations Can Anticipate Global Insecurity by Condolezza Rice and B. Zegart.  This is a book with lots of new concepts in it.  It starts with the story of Blackfish, a film about mistreating Orcas which put Sea World in Florida out of business.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent some time discussing signage with our marketing person this morning.

I got a set of Advanced Reading Copies for teenagers from my representative from Brodart.

We spent some time preparing for programming in July and August.

We got a list of all the ISBNs for items which we ordered during the last year for Select Reads.

I am off tomorrow so I cleaned off my desk a bit.

I checked out the book Organized Simplicity The Clutter Free Approach to Intentional Living by Tish Oxenreider.

There is a Microsoft Excel class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

Web Bits


2018: Spotlight on Wikipedia

I' m a public librarian. This why I'm also a civic-tech advocate by Tess Wilson

Library of Congress Celebrates Baseball's Role As An American 'Unifier'

No comments: