Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Daily Thoughts 06/27/2018


Portrait of a Scholar, Adriaen van Ostade, 1665

Daily Thoughts 06/27/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Happiness A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill by Matthieu Ricard Foreword by Daniel Goleman.  This is a book of buddhist meditation focused on relieving suffering and creating happiness and compassion.  It is well written for the western layman.  There are a lot of references to western philosophy in this book.

I also read some more of The Library Book.  I am reading about how Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451 in the basement of the Los Angeles Public Library.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent some time working on Adult Summer Reading.

I also did a little bit of weeding.  We are planning on shifting and weeding more in the oversize books.

We are going to get some signage priced soon.

Web Bits


ALA 2018 Librarian of Congress, National Archivist Trade Quips

Scarsdale Library Closure Where To Get Services

No comments: