Thursday, September 13, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2018

Walter Frederick Osborne, The Dublin Streets; a vendor of Books (1889) - NGI cr.jpg
Walter Frederick Osborne's 1889 "The Dublin Streets; a vendor of Books" in the National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin.

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of The Complete Beck Diet for Life.  I am reading the section of recipes.

I also started reading Journal Fodder 365 Daily Doses of Inspiration for the Art Addict by Eric M. Scott and David R. Modler.  This book is broken up into twelve chapters, one major project per month. The book is very visual with lots of illustrations and images.  The projects are described in detail.  They are open and can be worked on over long periods of time.

I am placing a hold on The Journal Junkies Workshop: Visual Ammunition for the Art Addict by Eric M. Scott and David R. Modler.  This is a more basic book on art journaling.

I am meeting with Ben Anthony to discuss having a citizenship class at the library.

I am also meeting with a colleague to work on signage today.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

We did some shifting in the oversize section.

We have been updating the literacy volunteers section on the website.
http://mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/literacy-volunteers/

I spent some time putting in resumes and work samples to the Arts Alive Community Grant application.

We spent some time planning for the next 6 months of programming.

We met and discussed a possible Citizenship Class.

We also put up some more shelf signage this evening.

I have been checking some of the fiction.

Web Bits


Hidden Library: How Science is Virtually Unwrapping the Charred Scrolls of Herculaneum

Four Area Libraries Looking to Add Social Worker

Library Teaches the Art of  "Adulting"


No comments: