Saturday, September 22, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/22/2018

Rocket to the Moon 54893.jpg

Cover scan of the cover of the comic adaptation of the novel Maza of the Moon by Otis Adelbert Kline (19501), Avon Publications, NY; originally published in 1930.

Daily Thoughts 09/22/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Drastic Measures.  It adds nicely to the Star Trek cannon.  The specific incident at the Tarsus IV Colony was mentioned in several of the television shows.

I decided to stop reading Aware The Science and Practice of Presence The Groundbreaking Meditation Practice by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.

Instead, I started reading Calming Your Angry Mind, How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You From Anger and Bring Peace to Your Life by Jeffrey Brantley, M.D. and Barbara L. Frederickson, PHD. is a founding faculty member at the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program at Duke Integrative Medicine.  It is a practical book which gives an interesting approach to understanding anger.

Today is the Mount Vernon Public Library Comic Expo from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
https://www.facebook.com/mvplcomicexpo/

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent some time looking up grants for the library.

I worked on some orders for new books.

I went outside for lunch and purchased a chicken sandwich, a bottle of water, and some spicy fries from a food truck.  They were tasty.

I also bought a few comics from 2 for a $1 bins at some of the comic vendors including Monstress single issues, American Gods, and Faith. There were a lot of nice reading copies.

I spent some time working on ordering new travel books so we can update the travel section.

I worked a bit on scheduling as well.

I got to be normal man today.  I spent some time on the reference desk while people worked the convention.  At the end of the day, I took a little more of a break and had two hot dogs from a vending cart and bought a few more comics, including a comic from Oni Press called Voodoom.

Web Bits


Trailer For Free For All: Inside the Public Library


No comments: