Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Daily Thoughts 09/18/2018


Woman Reading, Georges Braque, 1911

Daily Thoughts 09/18/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also did a little shifting in the oversize books.

I put in two orders for new books.

I put in an order for central library district books.  This should help with our list of books displayed on our website.

I checked out two books, Aware The Science and Practice of Presence The Ground Breaking Meditation Practice by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D.  and The Journal Junkies Workshop Visual Ammunition for the Art Addict by Eric M. Scott and David R. Modler.

I read a copy of the Times Literary Supplement, the latest New York Times Book Review, and a recent copy of Booklist.  I am looking through the Ingram Advance right now.

A colleague is editing the Arts Alive grant and putting in her resume and work samples.  We never do the grants by ourselves.  They always require editing and feedback to get right.

I placed a hold on Palaces for the people : how social infrastructure can help fight inequality, polarization, and the decline of civic life by Eric Klinenberg.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers Class and a Beginning Microsoft Word 2013 class tonight in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits


In 2018,  Libraries to the Rescue: Why Americans are right to crave facts, and books

A New Exhibit at the Library Celebrates the Stories Behind Weird Collections of Stuff

No comments: