Friday, December 13, 2019

Daily Thoughts 12/13/2019

Carstian Luyckx - Still life with a globe, books, shells and corals resting on a stone ledge.jpg
Carstian Luyckx - Still life with a globe, books, shells and corals resting on a Stone Ledge, 1660-1677

Daily Thoughts 12/13/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Behavioral Finance on the way to work.  I am reading about different kinds of biases in decision making.  There are some which I have never heard of before like self serving attribute bias, hindsight bias, and control bias.

I also started reading Creating Mindful Leaders How to Power Down, Power Up, and Power Forward by Joe Burton.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

One of my colleagues is shifting books in the nonfiction books section.

Today is the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library Book sale from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..  It is also open tomorrow from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  I had a few cookies and a cup of coffee and looked around at the books.

Web Bits


How The Library of Congress Unrolled a 2000 Year Old Buddhist Scroll

Is My Library Liable For Fake News?



No comments: