Monday, February 17, 2020

Daily Thoughts 02/17/2020

File:The Writing Room, Hotel La Salle, Chicago (NBY 417399).jpg
The Writing Room, Hotel La Salle, Chicago

Daily Thoughts 02/17/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of A World Without Work.  I am reading about technology can both complement existing jobs or replace them.  I also read about how machines get rid of routine jobs and are not as good at getting rid of jobs that require creativity or service.

I also read some more of What Is Chemistry?  I am reading about the concept of energy in chemistry.

I checked on a future conference which I am hoping to attend, The Day of Dialog between Librarians and Publishers.

Web Bits


NYPL Lions Are Reading Large, Lion Sized Books!

Dogs and Libraries: A Paw-Fect Match

The Library of Congress Needs Help Transcribing Walt Whitman's Poems and Letters

Sen. Umber Proposes Free Library Cards for All School Children in California

No comments: