Monday, February 24, 2020

Daily Thoughts 02/24/2020

File:Pushkinrecites revised.png

Pushkin recites Ode to Liberty at graduation from Lycee - by Ilya Repin (1844-1930)

Daily Thoughts 02/24/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Imagined Life.  I am reading about the question of whether there would be life on worlds with oceans under ice like Enceladus, Europa, or Ganymede in our solar system.

I also read some more of A World Without Work.  I am reading about how machines substitute for people.  The author discusses how in agriculture and manufacturing people were mostly replaced by machines.  There is also some commentary on how large internet companies do not require large amounts of staff to run them.

Web Bits


Queens Public Library Pulls Photo Exhibit That Was Subjected to Protests from the Tibetan Community

Tennessee Becomes Next State Seeking Public Library Oversight Censorship


No comments: