Friday, April 17, 2020

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2020

File:Study in Longfellow House, 1917 (a56b21de-6b8e-45f7-b4f9-c8a3ca073dac).jpg
Study In Longfellow House, 1917, National Park Service

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of The Art of Memory by Frances A. Yates.  The last part of the book is about how the scientific method is related to memory practices.

I went into work today.  I needed to put some orders in for books.  I also got an invoice for some e-books.

I also attended the Mount Vernon Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting via Zoom tonight at 6:30 p.m.  All of the part-timers were laid off.

Web Bits



Earth Day From Inside the House

Indie Bookstore Powell's Books Rehires More Than 100 Employees As Online Orders Soar

Take A 360 Degree Virtual Tour of Harvard's Widener Library

Keeping the Lights on at the Library of Congress


No comments: