Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Daily Thoughts 06/16/2020

Fantastic Novels cover June 1951.jpg
Cover of June 1951 Issue of Fantastic Novels

Daily Thoughts 06/16/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook Group. I also checked my LinkedIn.

I finished reading LaGuardia  last night written by Nnedi Okorafor, drawn by Tana Ford, colored by James Devlin, and lettered by Sal Cipriano.  This is a beautifully put together graphic novel.  The colors are striking and the lettering is wonderful.  It has an interesting cast of humans and aliens.  It mixes the setting of Nigeria and New York peopled with aliens and human beings.  It is a story of conflict about alien immigration and visitation to earth.  I like the symbolism and the relevance to the issues today about immigration.  I also like the talking plant aliens.  This book was a lot of fun to read.  It is a science fiction graphic novel.

I also watched another episode of Chemistry In Our Universe on Kanopy.  I am learning about large numbers as well as chemistry is primarily about very small parts of nature, atoms and molecules.

I spent a little time thinking about how we would do the Adult Summer Reading as an online program.

I am looking at Summer Reading at New York State Libraries.
https://www.summerreadingnys.org/

Web Bits


Libraries Are Needed More Than Ever. But Many Aren't Sure How to Reopen Amid the Covid Epidemic.

Many Bookstores Following Go Slow Approach to Reopening

Changes Loom As Public Libraries Begin To Reopen

Prioritizing Staff Mental Health When Reopening


No comments: