Thursday, June 18, 2020

Daily Thoughts 06/18/2020

File:RLHannover.jpg

Raphael Levi Hannover, Anonymous, circa 1760

Daily Thoughts 06/18/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook Group this morning.  I also checked my LinkedIn.  My colleague has taken over the Facebook page.

I started reading The US Armed Forces Officer Essays on Leadership, Command, Oath, and Service Identity by Richard M. Swain and Albert C. Pierce.  I am reading about what it means to be a professional soldier.  The initial focus on this book is about what it means morally and ethically to be a soldier.

I watched another episode of Chemistry and Our Universe on Kanopy.

I am thinking about Read Squared and how we would do a virtual summer reading program.  Read Squared also has a mobile app in addition to their website.

I attended a webinar on the census this evening from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.The Perfect Storm: COVID-19 and its Effects on the 2020 Census & Voter Engagement.

Web Bits



DoJ Sues John Bolton Over Forthcoming Memoir

Award Winning Queer Literature To Read During Rainbow Book Month

An Essential Reading List for Black Liberation, Brought to You By the Schomburg Center

How to Tackle Library Signage In A Pandemic and Make Visitors Comfortable with Your New Rules

Is the Library Hopelessly Obsolete Not So Fast



No comments: