Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Daily Thoughts 9/1/2010 (Blogs, The Defector)

Image of American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882). The engraving was made after a painting by Longfellow's younger son Ernest Longfellow. The original portrait still resides in Longfellow's study at the Longfellow National Historic Site in Cambridge. Image taken from Life of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow by Samuel Longfellow (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's brother). Published by Ticknor & co., 1886

Daily Thoughts 9/1/2010

I took a little bit of time to look through places that had links to my site.  There is http://www.shakespearewroteformoney.wordpress.com/ which is a book review site and http://www.morevikings.com/ which is an entertaining site on books, comics and speculative fiction book reviews. Speculative fiction is an all encompassing term for writing that speculates about the nature of reality; it includes science fiction, horror, magical realism, fantasy, and other books with fantastic elements in them. I rather like the More Vikings site.




I put in the reviews of material from May 2009 today.  When I am done, I may go back and pull out links to create a resource list of the internet sites which I have written about. 




On the way to work, I found a paperback copy of Daniel Silva, The Defector.  It is a spy novel with quite a bit of style and art in it.  The author mentions Caravaggio, Vogue, chess, and a villa in Italy in the first 23 pages.  I rather like it. 




Today has been a very busy day.  I put together a bookmark for starting a business today as well as had several of my older bookmarks printed up for distribution.  I also printed up a new form for tracking missing items and had several flyers printed for the Womens Enterprise Development Center sessions on small business.  I also took some time to sort through the donations for a few minutes.  There was a new copy of Before I Fail by Lauren Oliver which is a fiction title, some classsic paperbacks, and a few Naruto graphic novels. 



The requests for the book mobile came in as well.  There were a number of requests for books on the bounty mutiny as well as works by David Niven, books on Leonardo Da Vinci, and biographies.

1 comment:

Chriss Cornish said...

Thanks for your comments on moreVikings, I'm glad you enjoy it. :D