Saturday, September 4, 2010

Daily Thoughts 9/4/2010 (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Author Advances)

Young man reading by candlelight 1600-1650, Holland, Matthias Stom

Daily Thoughts 9/4/2010

I went back and added January 2009 reviews to my list today.  I am noticing numerous small errors that I will have to go back and correct.  There is a lot to do.  I made a few corrections to the review for The Devil's Eye by Jack McDevitt. 




I found this article while I was on Facebook looking at John Ordover's profile.  It is a fairly interesting conversation.  I am just following it.  I don't particularly consider myself a writer, more of a kind of professional reader and selector than anything else.  If I did write something, an advance would be a nice option. http://www.yorkwriters.com/2010/09/what-do-writers-really-need.html




I watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid on dvd.  It was the funniest film I have seen in a long time.  The main character draws scenes from the graphic novel which the film is based on.  Diary of A Wimpy Kid is a bestselling graphic novel by Jeff Kinney written for middle schoolers.  It is  so popular that another person created a similar style graphic novel for girls called The Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell.  I still have to finish watching the trailers. 

No comments: