Saturday, November 20, 2010

Daily Thoughts 11/20/2010 (Wordle, Circulation, Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk)

Virgil Reading the Aeneid to Augustus, Octavia, and Livia, Painting in the Chicago Art Institute  Jean-Baptiste Wicar, Unknown Date

Daily Thoughts 11/20/2010

I checked the displays this morning and read some more review material.  I am reading the Baker and Taylor Fast Facts and the Ingram Title Alerts.  I also thought a little bit about creating a separate business collection.  It has been a very quiet day.

I put the new version of  The Autobiography of Mark Twain on hold.

I also brought some material down to weed on Monday.

I have been thinking a little bit about our circulation.  We started the on order status for our books in the SIRSI catalog in September.  I think it has significantly affected our circulation.  Now, a lot of our items go out as soon as they are finished being processed.  I think our circulation has been going up.

I finished reading The Referral Engine on the way home from work. The last portion was about how to get people to give you referrals.  It also covered how to built referral networks between businesses.

I also read David Sedaris Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk.  It was quite funny in a grotesque, sardonic way.  This is definitely for adults.  The illustrations were a nice touch.   They were gross in a fascinating way.  The stories were talking animal stories with very human overtones.  They revealed some of the worst aspects of human nature.  I could not put the book down.  The book is on the New York Times Bestseller List.  It makes me want to read other books by David Sedaris.

Web Bits

This is a Wordle word cloud for my blog from http://www.wordle.net/


Wordle: Book Calendar

No comments: