Friday, November 12, 2010

Daily Thoughts 11/12/2010 (Libraries, philosophy)

Woman with a Child in a Boat, Berthe Morisot, Oil On Canvas,
Between 1880 and 1890

Daily Thoughts 11/12/2010

This morning, I started reading The Master Switch by Tim Wu.

The book, Content Strategy for the Web by Kristina Halvorson came in for me to read.  Hopefully it will be insightful.

I spent some time checking the displays and started reading a few book reviews to get ready for my order meeting next week on November 17, 2010.

I also did some more weeding in the oversize books.  I also spent some time talking about philosophy and religion books for the library.  We are probably going to get Conversations of Socrates by Xenophon and The Enchiridion by Epictetus. 

Web Bits
Less Ink, More Words-- American Libraries is going to be publishing fewer print issues and more online issues.  This is a trend I am seeing with many magazines and periodicals. http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/columns/editors-letter/less-ink-more-words

Libraries reinvent themselves as they struggle to remain relevant in the digital age
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-fi-libraries-20101112,0,5930158.story?track=rss

No comments: