Friday, November 19, 2010

Daily Thoughts 11/19/2010 (econtent)

Utagawa Kuniyoshi

Daily Thoughts 11/19/2010 I have been listening to the Freegal Music catalog to get a sense of how it works.  I have a trial account.  It consists of the Sony Music catalog.  Some of the artists that I have listened to are Bob Dylan, Billie Holiday, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Bruce Springsteen.  The sound quality is very good. http://www.freegalmusic.com/users/login

I also signed up for The Copia beta to see how it works http://betaprod.thecopia.com/home/index.html  They recently decided to go device agnostic in a story in Publishers Weekly. The Copia is a social network tied in with ebooks and sharing ebooks which people buy.  In other words it is a commercial social network. http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/retailing/article/45214-copia-s-book-retail-social-network-goes-live-devices-cancelled.html

I took some time to clean up my desk and organize my files today.

I feel like I have to consider all the different options that are out there.  There are a number of white label services that have caught my interest like Overdrive Midas and Medianet Digital.  I have also looked at Ingram EDI services which would require a committment to set up their service of at least $15,000 in annual sales.

I got some of my orders ready today.  One graphic novel that caught my attention is The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele-Blanc, Volume1, Terror Over Paris/The Eiffel Tower by Jacques Tardi.  Jacques Tardi is a French comic artist.  This story involves a pterodactyl in the Eiffel Tower.  It is set in 1910.

On the train home, I read some more of The Referral Engine. John Jantsch is describing how to combine various social media services; Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, podcasting, and other services to create a complete customer experience that will generate referrals.

No comments: