Monday, January 24, 2011

Daily Thoughts 1/24/2011 (Ebooks, Cowboy Angels)

Discourse into the Night, Blades, William: “Pentateuch of Printing with a Chapter on Judges” (1891)
Daily Thoughts 1/24/2011

I checked the displays this morning and placed some orders for the month.  I also posted a question on Quora and on Linked In, as well as the Linked In group, Ebooks In Libraries.  Quora has been useful for professional questions.  It is an answer system like Twitter.  The question I posted was, "Does anyone know of an example of a successful grant for ebooks and ereaders for public libraries?"

The book, 10 Rules For Strategic Innovators From Idea to Execution by Vijay Govindarajan and Chris Trimble has come in for me to read.

We had a meeting where we discussed inventorying the collection in the storage area.  I am also probably doing to be doing some weeding in the 800s in storage.

On the way home, I started reading Cowboy Angels by Paul McAuley and flipped through a book on web design.  Cowboy Angels uses Turing Gates where people can travel to alternate Americas.

No comments: