Saturday, January 1, 2011

Daily Thoughts 1/1/2011 (Information Architecture, Meetups)

Jean Miélot at his desk, 2nd Half of the 15th Century


Daily Thoughts 1/1/2011


Happy New Year to all of you reading this blog.  Today, I resolve to make my refrigerator project a success.  For the last four months, I have been making notes here and there on a project and adding it to a file on my computer in a haphazard way.  It is slowly forming into an amorphous something.  It is enough of an amorphous something now to maybe put it up on a website.  It is the old throw it against the wall and maybe it will stick idea.  I am pondering it every day.

I read some more of Information Architecture for the World Wide Web.  The author is writing about different ways to organize information in a web site; topic, task, audience, metaphor, and hybrid methodologies.  Information organization is always somewhat political in nature.  It is a matter of choice which information gets primacy inside a website.

I am planning on going to the First NYC Digital Show and Tell for eBooks, Ereaders, and Digital Content Publishing on Janurary 20, 2011. http://www.meetup.com/eBooks/calendar/15850362/

I also might try and go to the January 10,  2011, Tech Meetup if anything opens up. http://www.meetup.com/ny-tech/calendar/15792754/

Right now, I feel a bit tired.  I tried all I could do for where I worked, but it in the end may not make a difference.  I have to think of other things.
If you want to check your site for broken links, Xenu's link checker works quite well. http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html%20

No comments: