Saturday, October 15, 2011

Daily Thoughts 10/15/2011

First Class Reading and Writing room of the SS Kronprinz Wilhelm, 1901, This is from an Ocean Liner.

Daily Thoughts 10/15/2011

Last night, I watched some of The Mystery of Picasso which is a film consisting of animations of Picasso painting.  It is quite fascinating watching his paintings slowly come to life.  He does both ink paintings and oils in this film.  The colors are very intense to watch. Some of the film is in black and white, and parts of it are in color.  This film changed my opinion on           some of Picasso's more abstract art.

I read some more of HTML For the World Wide Web.  It has gotten to the point where the author is describing tables and frames.  I do not get this very well.  It would be the kind of information which would be helpful if' I was using a web page builder like Dreamwaver and editing the HTML and CSS code in minor ways.  Ultimately, it is becoming too complex to even think of hand coding.  The combination of CSS and HTML is a bit daunting for me.  I also watched some more of the CSS instruction on Lynda.com.  There is some information about browsers and rendering engines which I think would be useful for librarians to know if they are using the internet to search for information.

I put the book In Other Worlds: SF and the Human Imagination by Margaret Atwood on hold.  I very much like her writing.  I thought the book, The Handmaids Tale was excellent.

Web Bits

An article about McNally Jackson Books.  They have an Espresso Book Machine.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/13/fashion/sarah-mcnally-of-mcnally-jackson-books-in-manhattan.html









No comments: