Monday, October 10, 2011

Daily Thoughts 10/10/2011

Bookcase, Robert Adam (1728-1792), 1776, exhibited in the Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.

Daily Thoughts 10/10/2011


This morning, I read a little bit more of The Orphan Master's Son.  The main character is interacting with a variety of leaders in North Korea including Kim Il Sung.  It is very different. I finished reading the book at the laundromat.  The ending is quite surprising.  I cannot say that I have read anything like this before.  The book is due out on January 10, 2012.


I also spent some time on Lynda.com learning a bit about HTML 5.

Web Bits

With a Little Help Now At Your Library
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/columns-and-blogs/cory-doctorow/article/49010-with-a-little-help-now-at-your-library.html%20

I am a big fan of Cory Doctorow.



No comments: