Thursday, October 6, 2011

Daily Thoughts 10/6/2011

De zachte uren. Richard Roland Holst. 1911-1912
Daily Thoughts 10/6/2011

Today has been a steady day.  I checked the gift books today, made sure the displays were in order and started planning for a few programs.  Someone asked about http://www.booksalefinder.com/ which lists all the different library booksales.

I am putting together a display of old pictures of the library and working on setting up another session for the computer class during the week.  There seems to be a lot of demand for computer training.

I spent some more time practicing on Lynda.com, I finished the course on Indesign CS5.  I think I still have quite a ways to go.  It was a good introduction.  I am almost finished with taking Microsoft Word 2007 on Lynda.com.

We opened the Computer Lab today in the afternoon.  There are quite a few people who have come in to practice what they learned in the computer class in the lab.  A lot of them are practicing typing. 

I put the book Without A Net: Librarians Bridging the Digital Divide by Jessamyn West on request through interlibrary loan.  It should be quite interesting.

I am reading Every Thing On it poems and drawings by Shel Silverstein.  It should be both entertaining and lighthearted.  The book reminded me a bit of The Giving Tree.  The collection was posthumous so it had a lot of poems that were very different than his other books.  Some had a fairytale quality to them which I liked.

Tomorrow we will be getting a demonstration of the new Sony tablet computer.  I am looking forward to it.  

No comments: