Saturday, March 5, 2016

Daily Thoughts 03/05/2016

In Mesquitas Classroom - M.C. Escher
In Mesquitas Classroom, M.C. Escher, 1920

Daily Thoughts 03/05/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.  My colleague set up a Pinterest page for the library.  It is mostly new book covers.  https://www.pinterest.com/mountvernonpl10/

This morning on the way to work, I read some more of  Life in Motion.  I am reading about how Misty Copeland first started taking ballet at the Boys and Girl Club.  I also read a little more of Failure Why Science is So Successful.  I am reading about why infallibility in ideas leads to loss of progress.

I looked through a copy of the Times Literary Supplement and the New York Review of Books.  I am mainly looking for titles that other review magazines missed.

This morning, we have TASC Connect from the Westchester Library System which offers tutoring for the high school equivalency test from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

I spent some time going over the requirements for a grant to do a preservation assessment.  The due date is on May 3, 2016.

Web Bits


Library System Debates Downsizing—And Iconic Branch Is Caught in the Middle

How Presidential Libraries Work

Consultant Will Layout Options for New Rochelle Library

Artificial Intelligence

Google’s Artificial Brain is Pumping Out Trippy and Pricey Art


No comments: