Sunday, March 20, 2016

Daily Thoughts 03/20/2016

The Sons of the Wolf Tales of the Far North by Jack London

Daily Thoughts 03/20/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.

I looked at some library budgets today like New Rochelle Public Library, Chappaqua, and Greenburgh.

I also spent a little time looking at grants.

I read some more of The Geography of Genius.  Eric Wiener has a conversation with Jack Ma founder of Alibaba the largest e-commerce company in Hangzhou, China.  Shortly after he is on his way to Florence, Italy.

I read Prometheus: Fire and Stone and Aliens: Fire and Stone on Hoopla Digital, they are both science fiction graphic novels set in the universe of Aliens.  It makes for an interesting mix  of science fiction and horror.  The setting is common between Prometheus: Fire and Stone and Aliens: Fire and Stone.  It is an alien terraformed world filled with aggreesive and dangerous creatures.  Both are from Dark Horse Comics .  I found the original film of Alien to be too terrifying to watch when I was young.



Web Bits

New Film Search Engine

Why Academics Should Care About What They Wear

600 Year Old Cambridge Library Offers Rare Glimpse of Collection

The Koch Brothers' Vision for America Includes Destroying Your Public Library


No comments: