Friday, March 25, 2016

Daily Thoughts 03/25/2016


Client in Court Securing His Papers, George Harvey, 1827

Daily Thoughts 03/25/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

On the way to work, I read some more of The Geography of Genius.  I am learning a little bit more about Vienna.  I am reading about how Haydn instructed both Mozart and Beethoven.  I am also reading about how Sigmund Freud collected archaeological objects.

I checked the gift books and the displays.

We have a new biometric time clock.

I spent some time working on reports on items that never went out in Report Station.  I also spent  a little time looking over the Preservation Assistance Grant.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list as well as a few patron requests.

On the way home, I finished reading The Geography of Genius A Search for the World's Most Creative Places from Ancient Athens to Silicon Valley by Eric Wiener.  This is not just an investigation into people, it is also about places.  I rather like the descriptions of Viennese coffeehouses.  The last place in the book is Silicon Valley, a modern place which we think of as a place where genius comes from.  This was enjoyable reading.

Web Bits


Patience or Fortitude? New York Public Library CEO Tony Marx Picks His Favorite Lion

A Japanese AI Program Just Wrote A Short Novel, And It Almost Won a Literary Prize


No comments: