Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Daily Thoughts 01/04/2017

Glass and newspaper, 1914 - Pablo Picasso
Pablo Picasso, Glass and Newspaper, 1914

Daily Thoughts 01/04/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some of The Challenge of Library Management.  Quite a bit of the book is about change in libraries and how to manage the emotions and barriers that come with change.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  January is Financial Wellness month.  We are taking down the holiday books.  We are also working on the graphic novels.

The book, The Revenge of Analog Real Things and Why They Matter by David Sax has come in for me to read.

I am working a little bit on e-books today.

I looked through a copy of the New York Review of Books.

I spent some time discussing two grants from Humanities New York to do programming.  One of them is James Baldwin's America.  I just checked out the book, Baldwin Early Novels and Stories.
There is a computer class tonight for Microsoft Excel from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.



Web Bits


The New York Public Library and the European Digital Reading Lab Team for a Better E-Reading Experience


No comments: